- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tony's Colorado Corned Beef Recipe Video
|Corned beef brisket||4 Pound|
|Corned beef round||4 Pound|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
Calories 853 Calories from Fat 480
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82.1%
Saturated Fat 21.3 g106.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 293.3 mg
Sodium 586.7 mg24.4%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 80 g160%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium Iron 30.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a flat pan, place the beef brisket with the fat side up. Pour 2 cups of water in it.
2. Wrap the brisket with a parchment paper, and then cover it with a foil.
3. In a round roasting pan, place the corned beef round, and pour 4 cups of water in it.
4. Put the pan in oven for 4-4.5 hours or until it is done.
5. Serve corned beef hot with rice.
When you place the brisket fat side up, it will drain out some fat and keep the brisket moist.
Pour a little more water in the roasting pan, as it is bigger in size and it will also leak more moisture.
Usually a pound of beef should take 40-60 minutes to cook. So, you can adjust your cooking time depending on the pound of beef.
If you like you can add vegetables like carrot and celery, onions, potatoes or anything you like, in the last hour of cooking.