- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tony Caputo Shows How to Make Fresh Tomato Sauce Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsely||2 Tablespoon|
|Toasted bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Cooked pasta||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||6 , torn|
|Sheep milk cheese||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.2 mg
Sodium 215.9 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 35.6% Vitamin C 43.4%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Using a sharp knife thinly slice tops and bottoms of the tomatoes and cut them in half.
3. In a baking dish, spread 1 tablespoon of olive oil in bottom and place the tomatoes cut side up.
4. Sprinkle garlic, parsley, bread crumbs, drizzle with remaining olive oil and spread cheese and salt.
5. Bake the tomatoes in the oven for about 40 minutes or until they turn mushy.
6. In a mixing bowl, transfer the tomatoes and mash it with potato masher until it turns chunky.
7. Add the torn basil and cooked pasta, and stir to mix.
8. Place the pasta on a serving plate and sprinkle with shredded sheep’s milk cheese and pepperoncini, serve hot