- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Lentil Salad Recipe Video
|Green lentils||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked for 20 minutes; drained|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Dash|
|Beet||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled and diced (Yellow Variety)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh mint||1 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
|Feta cheese||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1517 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13.1%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.3 mg
Sodium 332.4 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 258 g85.9%
Dietary Fiber 123.2 g492.7%
Sugars 22.4 g
Protein 105 g210%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 75.2%
Calcium 37.4% Iron 178.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a frying pan, add chopped onion and mush it down to fry quickly.
3. Add chopped garlic.
4. Add the chopped beet to the pan and sauté for 1 minute.
5. While the lentils are still hot, add a little olive oil to it and mix.
6. Then add the sautéed yellow beet and onion mixture.
7. Mix a little cumin powder in lemon juice and add the mixture to the salad.
8. Mix them together.
9. Serve the salad in a plate and garnish with fresh mint leaves and feta cheese.