- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tongue Saladettes Recipe
|Uncooked regular rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen peas package||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped dill pickle||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bibb lettuce heads||2|
|Julienne strips cooked tongue||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Cold)|
|Process american cheese slice||3 , halved and cut into thin strips (From An 8-Ounce Package)|
Calories 440 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.8%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108 mg
Sodium 406.8 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 17 g34.4%
Vitamin A 94.1% Vitamin C 26.3%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 22.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan cook rice in boiling salted water as per label directions, drain and spoon into a large bowl.
2. As per label directions cook peas, drain and add to rice.
3. In a small bowl mix mayonnaise or salad dressing, pickle, onion and cumin.
4. Spoon the mixture over rice and peas tossing lightly to mix and chill.
5. Line individual salad bowls with lettuce and mound rice mixture into cones in centers, dividing evenly.
6. Pile tongue strips around edge and crisscross cheese strips on rice cones.
7. To serve optionally garnish with parsley.