- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tone It Healthy Cupcakes Recipe Video
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Cupcake)|
|Vanilla whey protein powder||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Cupcake)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (For Cupcake)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon (For Cupcake)|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (For Cupcake)|
|Organic sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Cupcake)|
|Natural steria powder/Sterai natural sweetener||3 Tablespoon (For Cupcake)|
|Egg whites||2 Medium (For Cupcake)|
|Canola oil||3 Tablespoon (For Cupcake)|
|Nonfat plain organic yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Cupcake)|
|Vanilla extract||3 Tablespoon (For Cupcake)|
|Light cream cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Frosting)|
|Plain low fat greek yogurt||2 Tablespoon (For Frosting)|
|Organic powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Frosting)|
|Stevia powder||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Frosting)|
Calories 588 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.2%
Saturated Fat 0.62 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.98 mg0.33%
Sodium 708.3 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 81 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 18.5%
Calcium 33.6% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven at 375 degree.
2. Line the baking tray with parchment paper, and spray olive oil on it. Keep it aside.
3. In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients. Mix it well.
4. Take a large bowl, put egg whites in it. Whisk.
5. Add canola oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract to the bowl.
6. Put in the dry mixture, and mix them together.
7. Pour batter in the tray lined with parchment paper, just filling it half way.
8. Place the tray in oven, and allow it to bake for 13-17 minutes or until middle is cooked (use a tooth pick and make sure it comes out dry when you test them).
9. Take the tray out of the oven, and allow them to cool completely before frosting.
10. For frosting, take a bowl and mix together cream cheese, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, sugar, and stevia powder.
11. Top up the cakes with frosting.
12. Serve cupcakes topped with cherry pieces.
To make chocolate cupcakes, add 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder and replace vanilla protein powder with chocolate powder.
Yogurt adds moisture, and makes the cake soft.
We made the frosting pink- you can either use just a little natural coloring or you may crush some raspberries to make your frosting look pink and attractive.
We added ÿvanilla protein powder to the cupcake batter and frosting! Protein powder makes the cupcakes lower carb and much more like a vanilla cupcake. We also like chocolate protein powder in place of 1/4 of the powdered sugar in our frosting. Add a little mint extract and you have a lower sugar mint chocolate frosting!