- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomatoes A La William Recipe
|Tomatoes||6 Large (Use Medium To Large Sized)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sausage meat||2 Pound, ground|
|Onions||3 , diced|
|Fresh garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄3 Bunch (33.33 gm), finely chopped|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 570 Calories from Fat 402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.8%
Saturated Fat 16 g79.9%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 119.6 mg
Sodium 1055.3 mg44%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 26 g51.7%
Vitamin A 44.5% Vitamin C 63%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Snap away tops from tomatoes and put aside.
2) Scoop out the inside of tomatoes and retain for another use.
3) Sprinkle insides of tomatoes with salt and garlic powder and turn upside down on paper towels to drain.
4) In buttered skillet, fry the sausage till brown.
5) Drain and remove the fat.
6) Fry the onions and garlic and in butter, quickly by turning frequently until tender and translucent.
7) Mix with sausage, parsley and bread crumbs.
8) Cook gently over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
9) Spoon into tomato shells and place tops back in place.
10) Scatter lightly with additional bread crumbs.
11) Bake without lid at 325 degrees 45 minutes.
12) Serve hot.