- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Tomato Chutney Recipe Video
|Cashew nuts||1 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Pinch|
|Mint||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Grated coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Urad dal||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 264 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 130.2 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.7%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 6 g12.9%
Vitamin A 143.6% Vitamin C 368%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chilli, hing, ginger and garlic pieces, cashew nuts (optional), tamarind, green chillies and curry leaves and sauté all the well till their raw flavors are gone.
2. In the same pan add the diced tomato, salt to taste, few mint leaves and coconut powder and cook well till the tomatoes are mashed.
3. Once done, cool the mixture and then blend to coarse paste (if required you can add little water to adjust the required consistency).
4. Shift it into a bowl and temper the chutney with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, channa dal, urad dal and curry leaves and pour it over the chutney.
5. Serve with your favorite snack.