- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Aspic Salad Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1 Dash|
|Celery salt||1 Dash|
|Green pepper||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄2 Pint|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
Calories 133 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.2 mg
Sodium 379.4 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 26%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In 1/4 cup cold water, put in the gelatin to soften.
2. In a saucepan, pour in the tomato juice and heat to boiling point. Add the dissolve softened gelatin in hot juice and mix well.
3. Add vinegar, 1/4 tea- spoon salt, garlic salt, celery salt and onion salt to the mixture and mix well. Pour into oiled 2-quart salad mold and chill until firm.
4. Soften remaining gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water and add 1/3 cup boiling water; stir until dissolved. Set this aside to chill till partially thick.
5. Add green pepper, cottage cheese, milk, mayonnaise, lemon juice, remaining salt, celery and cucumber to partially thickened gelatin and whip well.
6. Score top of firm tomato juice mixture with tines of fork lightly and pour cheese mixture over tomato juice mixture. Chill until firm.
7. Unmold and then garnish with greens and ripe olives.