- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low-carb Tomato and Capsicum Soup Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, mince|
|Onion||1 Medium, chop|
|Celery||1 Pound, chop|
|Red capsicum||1 1⁄2 Pound, chop|
|Tomato||2 1⁄5 Pound, chop|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable stock cubes||5 Gram|
Calories 175 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 0.74 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 115.9 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.5%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 5 g10.9%
Vitamin A 168.7% Vitamin C 429.3%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop the onions, celery, red capsicum, tomatoes and keep it aside in separate bowls.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan; add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or until brown, add the onions and sauté that as well for 1 minute.
3. Add celery and dash of water cover the saucepan and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. After 3 minutes add the red pepper along with 1 cup of water, stir and cover.
5. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, and then add the tomatoes, cayenne pepper and vegetable stock and 1 cup of water.
6. Stir and cover let it simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables have soften.
7. Once the soup is done let it cool and blend it in a food processor, until you get a smooth soup like consistency.
8. Serve the Low-carb Tomato and Capsicum Soup along with your meal.