- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Toppers Two Ways Recipe Video
|Cherry tomatoes||30 Medium (red and yellow)|
|Avocado||1 Medium, ripened (for Southwest filling)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped (for Southwest filling)|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped (snipped fresh, for Southwest filling)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon (for Southwest filling)|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium, finely minced (for Southwest filling)|
|Salt||1⁄8 Teaspoon (for Southwest filling)|
|Cream cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (low fat, for dill filling)|
|Sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs) (fat free, for dill filling)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for dill filling)|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for dill filling)|
|Dill||1 Tablespoon (fresh or dry, for dill filling)|
|Basil||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (fresh and for garnish)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (To taste)|
Calories 415 Calories from Fat 323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.1%
Saturated Fat 17.6 g87.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.4 mg
Sodium 278.2 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 6 g13%
Vitamin A 40.2% Vitamin C 45.8%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, scoop out the avocado.
2. Take a mini processor and mash down the avocado to a smooth consistency.
3. Drop in the cilantro, minced garlic, onions and salt. Pulse it all together.
4. Mash everything together to a smooth consistency which is not too watery.
5. In another bowl, take the sour cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder,dill, salt and pepper and mix it all together.
6. Cut off the tips of the tomatoes and scoop out the inside and discard.
7. In two separate plastic bags, pour in the mixtures that are prepared.
8. Snip off the corners and pipe in the avocado mixture in the red tomatoes and the cream cheese mixture in the yellow tomatoes.
9. Arrange on a platter and serve.