- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Tart Recipe Video
|Pie dough||1 Large (as needed)|
|Heirlooms tomatoes||2 Large|
|Bacon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked (apple wood smoked bacon, in large pieces)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Tablespoon|
|Blue cheese||2 Tablespoon, frozen|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)|
Calories 303 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.9%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.7 mg
Sodium 572 mg23.8%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.6%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 5 g9.4%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 10.3%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Grease a tart pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
3) Slice the tomatoes with a serrated knife into 1/4 inch thick slices. Lay then on a clean towel to remove excess liquid. Sprinkle the tomatoes liberally with kosher salt and set aside.
4) Cut the bacon into large chunks and set aside.
5) Remove the fresh rosemary leaves from the stalk and chop finely.
6) Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface, fold into quarter and set aside.
7) Place the dough into the greased tart pan, trim the edges by sliding a rolling pin and dock the dough with a fork.
8) Blind bake the dough in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until just starting to get golden brown.
9) Arrange the tomatoes in dough, sprinkle with chopped rosemary, top with bacon, season with salt and pepper to taste.
10) Grate the blue cheese over the tomatoes and then with the Parmesan cheese.
11) Drizzle all over with the olive oil and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes until heated through and the cheese is melted.
12) Remove from the oven and allow to sit for about 15 minutes before slicing.
13) Slice the Tomato Tart into wedges, sprinkle with some grated Parmesan cheese and serve.