- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Soup Spice Loaf Recipe
|All purpose flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), unsifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mixed spice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), lightly packed|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned tomato soup||10 Ounce (1 Can)|
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.75 mg
Sodium 759.2 mg31.6%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 54.8 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 19.3% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and mixed spice together in a bowl.
3) Add the sugar, raisins and nuts, then stir well to a mixture of soup and oil.
4) Mix thoroughly and scrape into a greased 8 1/2 X 4 1/2" loaf pan.
5) Bake at 375°F for about 20 minutes until well done.
6) Serve hot as an innovative side dish option.