- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Soup Cake Recipe
|Cake flour/All-purpose flour - 2 cups, sifted||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|All spice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Condensed tomato soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Hydrogenated shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3589 Calories from Fat 1077
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 121 g186.1%
Saturated Fat 19.5 g97.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 4085 mg170.2%
Total Carbohydrates 587 g195.8%
Dietary Fiber 41.9 g167.5%
Sugars 289.7 g
Protein 64 g127.1%
Vitamin A 29.7% Vitamin C 27.2%
Calcium 187.6% Iron 33%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and dust flour on two 8 or 9X1 1/2" round layer pans OR a 13X9X2" oblong pan.
2) Into a large bowl, sift together cake flour or all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, all spice, cinnamon and cloves.
3) Slowly mix in the hydrogenated shortening and condensed tomato soup.
4) With an electric blender, beat on low to medium speed for about 2 minutes.
5) Add in the eggs along with water. Continue to beat for 2 more minutes.
6) Transfer the mixture into the baking pans. Bake for about 30 minutes.
7) Once baked, allow the Tomato Soup Cake to rest for about 10 minutes. Unmould and cool down.
8) Serve the Tomato Soup Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting