- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Sauce - Gravy - Salsa di Pomodoro Recipe Video
|Plum tomatoes||1 Kilogram|
|Carrot||1 Medium, chop|
|Celery stalk||1 Medium, chop|
|Onion||1 Small, chop|
Calories 48 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.59 g0.91%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.08%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 28.2 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A 56.1% Vitamin C 30.8%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the tomatoes and chop the carrots, celery and the onion.
2. Put everything in the pot along with a finger level of cold water.
3. Let it simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until the carrots is soft.
4. Put part of the ingredients in the grinder or sifter and grind till you get a smooth pulp.
5. Continue grinding until all the ingredients are over, discard any skin of big chunks that you may get while grinding the tomatoes.
6. Serve it with your pasta or lasagna or simply store for later use.