- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Sauce Recipe
|Shallots||4 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Canned tomatoes||19 Ounce, peeed (1 Can / 1 Pound And 3 Ounce)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Basil||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Thyme||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 777 Calories from Fat 287
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.2%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 758.3 mg31.6%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.8%
Dietary Fiber 16.2 g64.9%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 16 g31.9%
Vitamin A 209.8% Vitamin C 259.3%
Calcium 48.5% Iron 95.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, heat oil and add the shallots. Cook for 5 minutes without browning.
2. Further, add garlic, tomatoes with their juice, wine and herbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Boil the mixture and simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes, stirring continually to break the tomatoes.
4. Boil rapidly over high flame for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce reduces in amount and thickens.
5. Serve either hot or cold.