- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Salad Recipe Video
|Heirlooms tomatoes||2 Medium|
|Basil leaves||4 Medium|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch, freshly cracked (as needed, to taste)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon (as needed)|
|Citrus flavored champagne vinegar||1 Teaspoon (as needed)|
Calories 24 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.11 g0.54%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 65.7 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g3.2%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 0.59 g1.2%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 13.4%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice the tomatoes with a serrated knife into 1/4 inch thick slices.
2) Arrange the tomato slices on a serving plate and set aside.
3) Slice the basil leaves into ribbons and set aside.
4) Season the tomatoes with kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
5) Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and citrus flavored champagne vinegar.
6) Sprinkle the salad with the chopped basil leaves.
7) Garnish the Tomato Salad with a fresh basil sprig and serve immediately.