- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Salad Recipe Video
|Tomatoes||8 Medium, fresh, ripe|
|Vinaigrette dressing||4 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
Calories 89 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.7%
Saturated Fat 0.57 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2446 mg101.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.8%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 41% Vitamin C 52.1%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Blanch, refresh and peel the tomatoes.
2. Peel and finely slice the shallots.
3. Keep the vinaigrette dressing ready.
4. With a very sharp knife, carefully slice the peeled tomatoes.
5. Lay into a shallow dish, sprinkle over the shallots and drizzle over some of the dressing.
6. Season to taste.
7. Add a few small basil leaves, cover with cling film and place in a fridge for 1-2 hours.
8. To serve the tomato salad, remove from the fridge, arrange the sliced tomatoes neatly on the plates.
9. Drizzle over a little more dressing and mill over a little more black pepper.
10. Garnish with a few fresh small basil leaves.