- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Pizza Recipe
|Ripe tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried marjoram||2 Teaspoon|
|Bread||10 Ounce (1 package)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon, powdered|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2180 Calories from Fat 1041
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g182.2%
Saturated Fat 40.9 g204.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152.3 mg
Sodium 2612.3 mg108.8%
Total Carbohydrates 215 g71.6%
Dietary Fiber 25.8 g103.3%
Sugars 39.9 g
Protein 73 g146.4%
Vitamin A 165.1% Vitamin C 198.2%
Calcium 164.7% Iron 115%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Blanch, peel and roughly chop the tomatoes.
2) Peel and finely chop the onion.
3) Peel and crush the garlic.
4) Preheat the oven to 425°.
5) In a saucepan, heat 3 tbsp of the oil and fry the onion till transparent.
6) Add the tomatoes, garlic, 1 tsp of the marjoram, the basil leaves, sugar and seasoning.
7) Bring to a boil, stirring.
8) Cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
9) In a large bowl, empty the bread mix.
10) Stir the cheese into mix with powdered mustard.
11) Add hot water (according to package instructions) and mix to a soft, but not sticky dough.
12) Knead for 5 minutes, then roll out on a floured surface to a round 10 inches in diameter.
13) On a greased 10 inch pizza pan or baking sheet, place the rolled dough .
14) Pinch up the edges to make a slight lip.
15) Spread the tomato mixture over the pizza base and sprinkle with the remaining marjoram.
16) Put pizza in a warm place to rise for about 30 minutes till base has almost doubled in size.
17) Sprinkle the remaining oil over the pizza and bake for 25 minutes.
18) Serve the hot pizza with tomato and mustard sauce.