- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato, Pepper And Mushroom Pizzas Recipe
|Warm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (105° To 115°)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon (About 1 Ounce)|
|Green bell peppers||8 Ounce, quartered lengthwise (2 Medium Size, About 4 Ounce Each)|
|Canned tomato sauce||9 Tablespoon|
|Plum tomatoes||8 Ounce, thinly sliced (2 Medium Sized, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Mushrooms||6 Ounce, thinly sliced (Use 6 Large Pieces)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Whole milk mozzarella cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded (About 6 Ounce)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2712 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g167.7%
Saturated Fat 63.4 g316.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 370.3 mg
Sodium 4362.2 mg181.8%
Total Carbohydrates 285 g94.9%
Dietary Fiber 21.2 g84.7%
Sugars 20.5 g
Protein 145 g290.8%
Vitamin A 84.5% Vitamin C 364.3%
Calcium 300.4% Iron 402.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Put the flour and oil in a food processor. With motor running, pour in the remaining 1/2 cup warm water and the proofed yeast. Process until kneaded, about 2 minutes. (Alternatively, the dough can be made and kneaded in the traditional manner.) Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Punch down, knead briefly and let rest for 5 minutes.
3. MAKE THE PIZZAS: Using 1 teaspoon of the oil, coat six 6-inch round areas on two large baking sheets. Lightly dust each of the six 6-inch areas, using a total of 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan.
4. Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, pat out each piece of dough to a 6-inch round. Place on the designated areas of the prepared baking sheets. Cover loosely with plastic and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, evenly space 2 shelves in the oven and preheat to 450° for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the seeds and ribs from the bell pepper quarters and cut into 1/4-inch wide strips. Spoon the remaining 1 teaspoon oil into a small heavy skillet. Add the bell pepper and saute over moderate heat until softened, about 3 minutes, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of water near completion of cooking to prevent drying or sticking. Set aside to cool slightly.
6. Uncover the rounds of dough. Spread each with 1 tablespoon of the tomato sauce. Cover with the tomato slices. Scatter the pepper strips over them and add the sliced mushrooms. Sprinkle with oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Divide the mozzarella evenly among the pizzas. Spoon on the remaining 3 tablespoons tomato sauce (1/2 tablespoon per pizza) and sprinkle with the remaining 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 15 minutes, reversing the sheets after 10 minutes. Cut each pizza into 6 wedges. Serve hot, one pizza per person.