- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Hot Sauce Recipe
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Green bell pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Bottled horseradish||2 Teaspoon, well drained|
|Pickling spices||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.4%
Saturated Fat 0.75 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1081.8 mg45.1%
Total Carbohydrates 113 g37.5%
Dietary Fiber 19.7 g78.9%
Sugars 79.8 g
Protein 12 g24.8%
Vitamin A 176.5% Vitamin C 438.5%
Calcium 27.1% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Deseed quartered tomatoes, pass through a food processor with steel blade to prepare a puree.
2. Take a saucepan, add tomato puree, bell pepper, onion, horseradish, sugar and salt and the pickling spices tied in a cheesecloth bag. Place on medium heat and bring the mixture to boiling.
3. Lower the heat to minimum and simmer, partially covered, for 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Discard pickling spice bag, transfer sauce to a bowl, cover and refrigerate till served.
5. Take out from refrigerator, stir well and serve as desired.