- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Dressed Salad Recipe
|Catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs), torn|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Green onion||1 Tablespoon, sliced|
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 393.3 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 23.2 g
Protein 2 g3.7%
Vitamin A 115.6% Vitamin C 37.1%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In small saucepan blend together catsup, cornstarch, mustard with water.
2. Place pan over a medium flame, and bring sauce to a boil, stirring constantly until the sauce is thick and hot.
3. Stir in vinegar, sugar, oil, paprika, basil, Worcestershire sauce and a dash salt.
4. Pour into a bowl and place in the refrigerator until required.
5. In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, celery and onion in salad bowl.
6. Pour dressing over and toss to coat the vegetables.
7. Serve immediately from the bowl.