- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Curry Recipe
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Fresh ginger root||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Fresh garlic||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White cumin seeds||1 Pinch|
|Dried red chilies||3|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||3 , hardboiled/ hard cooked|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon (Cilantro)|
Calories 201 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127.1 mg
Sodium 559.3 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 26.5% Vitamin C 23.5%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes with ground coriander, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, salt, and ground cumin and mix together.
2) In a saucepan, heat the oil and stir-fry the onion, mustard, fenugreek and white cumin seeds, and the dried red chillies for about 1 minute.
3) Turn off the heat, stir in the tomato mixture into the spicy oil mixture and return to the heat.
4) Stir-fry for about 3 minutes, then lower the heat, cover and cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
5) Gently drizzle over the lemon juice.
6) Spoon the tomato curry into a serving dish and keep warm until needed.
7) Shell and halve the eggs, then gently put them into the tomato curry with the yolk side down.
8) Garnish with the fresh coriander leaves and serve immediately.