- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Tomato Concasse Recipe Video
Calories 30 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.33 g0.5%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.23%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 8.2 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A 27.3% Vitamin C 34.7%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean and wash the tomatoes, make a cross on the top of the tomatoes and then take out the cores.
2. Prepare a large pan of boiling water.
3. Prepare another bowl with an ice bath; this will quickly cool the tomatoes down as you don't want to overcook them.
4. Place the tomatoes in the boiling water for no more than 20-30 seconds or as soon as you see the skin start peeling.
5. Remove the tomatoes from the pan and plunge them into the bowl of icy water.
6. Once the tomatoes have cooled remove the skins and then cut the tomatoes in quarters, remove the pits and seeds.
7. Once done cut the tomatoes into small cubes or diamonds.
8. Serve the Tomato Concasse along with your salad or pasta.