- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Basil Zucchini Recipe
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced zucchini||6 Cup (96 tbs) (4 Medium)|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, cut into strips|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced and separated into rings|
|Fresh basil sprig||4 (For Garnish)|
Calories 101 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.8%
Saturated Fat 0.98 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.6 mg
Sodium 271.7 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 81.1%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large (5-quart) flame proof casserole or skillet, combine first five ingredients and stir well to blend.
2. Place on a medium high heat and bring to a boil, stirring every few minutes until cheese melts.
3. To the boiling liquid add vegetables and stir well to coat.
4. Reduce the heat and cover the casserole with its lid.
5. Let the vegetables simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until they are tender yet crisp.
6. Turn the hot and cheesy Tomato Basil Zucchini into a serving dish.
7. Garnish with fresh basil before serving.