- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Basil Squares Recipe
|Refrigerated pizza crust||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, divided (2 Cups)|
|Fresh parmesan cheese||1 Ounce, grated to make 1/4 cup|
|Fresh basil leaves/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Mayonnaise||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed|
|Plum tomatoes||4 , thinly sliced|
Calories 474 Calories from Fat 259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.5 mg
Sodium 541.9 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 13 g26.1%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 54.5% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine remaining mozzarella, parmesan cheese, basil and mayonnaise and garlic and stir to mix well. Keep aside
3. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out pizza crust into a 12 inch x 15inch rectangle
4. Transfer the base to a baking sheet.
5. Scatter 1 cup of mozzarella cheese in an even layer over the crust.
6. Arrange tomato slices in single layer over mozzarella cheese on crust.
7. Evenly spread the cheese-mayonnaise mixture over tomatoes.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
9. Remove from oven and stand for 5 minutes.
10. Cut into squares using a pizza cutter.
11. Serve warm.