- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Basil Pie Recipe Video
|Pie crust||1 Small (9-Inch)|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, sliced|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Fresh basil leaves||12 Medium, chopped|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 639 Calories from Fat 471
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.1%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g76.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.4 mg
Sodium 745.8 mg31.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 17 g33.1%
Vitamin A 24.2% Vitamin C 22.2%
Calcium 41.3% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, mix together mozzarella and Cheddar cheese with mayonnaise, set aside.
3. Bake pie crust for 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Remove pie crust from oven and allow to cool completely.
5. Place in layers, half of chopped tomato, onion and basil in cooled pie crust; repeat layers.
6. Spread the cheese mixture on top of pie sprinkle all over with Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until the top is light brown is colour.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before cutting.
9. Cut and serve as desired.