- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato, Basil and Cheddar Soup Recipe Video
|Can tomatoes||28 Ounce, diced|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Greek yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.2%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.8 mg7.9%
Sodium 448.9 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 20%
Calcium 26.4% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large soup pot add in the olive oil on medium – high heat.
2. Add in the onion and cook for 4 minutes.
3. Add in the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Pour in the two cans of tomatoes and the vegetable stock. Stir in the basil, oregano, sugar, and salt and pepper. Place the lid on the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Stir in the Greek yogurt and cheddar cheese until well blended.
6. Take off the pot from the heat and with immersion blender puree the soup.
7. Garnish Tomato, Basil and Cheddar Soup with chopped basil and grated cheddar cheese.
Instead of immersion blender you can use food processor to make puree.