- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Aspic Recipe
|Sweet basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon flavor gelatin||3 Ounce (1 package)|
|Chives/Garlic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Crisp salad greens||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as required)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||4 Teaspoon|
Calories 138 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.3%
Saturated Fat 0.39 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.6 mg
Sodium 394.3 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 23.1% Vitamin C 47%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, combine the basil and tomato juice together.
2) Bring to a boil, then allow to stand for 10 minutes and strain.
3) Stir in the gelatin, vinegar and salt into the strained mixture until the gelatin is dissolved.
4) In individual salad molds, pour the mixture and chill until set.
5) Unmold the Tomato Aspic on salad plates over a bed of crisp salad greens.
6) Top each serving of Tomato Aspic with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, garnish with dash of paprika and serve immediately.