- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato Apple Chutney Recipe
|Ripe tomatoes||6 Pound, peeled and chopped (18 medium)|
|Apples||4 Pound, peeled and finely chopped|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Green peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Light brown sugar||2 Pound (5 1/3 cup, firmly packed)|
|Dark seedless raisins||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||4 Cup (64 tbs) (5% acid strength)|
|Ginger||4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6321 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.2%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 8018.4 mg334.1%
Total Carbohydrates 1607 g535.6%
Dietary Fiber 98.7 g394.6%
Sugars 1401.6 g
Protein 46 g92.4%
Vitamin A 483.6% Vitamin C 966.4%
Calcium 77.6% Iron 111.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 12 quart kettle, put together all ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Over low heat, cook with frequent stirring for about 2 hours until mixture thickens and round up on a spoon.
3. Into 8 hot pint jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
4. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
5. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 15 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
6. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
7. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
8. Use Tomato Apple Chutney with a grilled meat dish.