- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato and Zucchini Gratin Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Zucchini||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
Calories 287 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.2 mg
Sodium 117.2 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 8 g16.1%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 52%
Calcium 13% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven moderate to 375°F.
2) Place a large frying pan over medium heat. Heat oil and saute onions for 2 minutes.
3) Stir in zucchini and sautÃ© for about 4 minutes.
4) Mix thyme and basil. Take off from heat.
5) Grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole with nonstick spray.
6) Layer with half of the rice in it.
7) Place half of the zucchini and half of the tomatoes.
8) Sprinkle half of the cheese over it.
9) Repeat the process again.
10) Bake for 15 minutes until heated through and lightly browned.
11) Serve warm.