- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato And Onion Salad Recipe
|Ripe tomatoes||3 Medium|
|Yellow onion||1 Small, minced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced chives||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 205 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 330.8 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 24.9% Vitamin C 31.1%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice thinly the rinsed tomatoes.
2) In a salad bowl, place the tomatoes and add minced onion, salt and pepper.
3) Mix well.
4) In another small bowl, combine vinegar and oil, pour it over tomatoes.
5) Cover the bowl and keep to chill for 30 minutes, stirring in between once or twice.
6) Serve the chilled salad with a sprinkle of minced chives.