- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato and Caramelized Onion Pizza Recipe Video
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (large teaspoon)|
|Dry instant yeast||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon (3 tablespoon for dough + 2 tablespoon for brushing on top)|
|Caramelized onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1 Medium, slice|
|Fresh herbs||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated (any cheese you like)|
Calories 1132 Calories from Fat 394
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.8%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.8 mg
Sodium 1207.6 mg50.3%
Total Carbohydrates 154 g51.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 26 g51.5%
Vitamin A 19.8% Vitamin C 17.1%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 58.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 500 degree F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt, yeast, and black pepper. Mix.
3. Make a well in the middle of flour, pour warm water, and olive oil in it. Knead, and mix them together. Place dough in a greased bowl. Set aside and allow it to rise for about 1-2 hours or until it doubled in size.
4. Sprinkle corn meal on pizza stone, and with hands roll dough to give it oval shape. Set it aside to proof for about 30 minutes.
5. Place rolled dough on a baking sheet, and liberally brush olive oil on top. Season it with salt.
6. Top dough with caramelized onions, tomato slices, herbs, and cheese.
7. Pop it in oven, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
8. Serve pizza hot with tomato sauce, and a glass of wine.
You can add anything to your choice for topping.