- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato And Basil Tart With Chevre Recipe
|Fresh plum tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Low sodium chicken stock||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh spinach||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Diced summer squash||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Phyllo dough sheets||4|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Chevre||2 Ounce, cut into small pieces (Mild Goat Cheese)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1080 Calories from Fat 377
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.9%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g99.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 697.4 mg
Sodium 1467 mg61.1%
Total Carbohydrates 128 g42.7%
Dietary Fiber 21.9 g87.6%
Sugars 28.3 g
Protein 67 g134.5%
Vitamin A 373.5% Vitamin C 332.2%
Calcium 98% Iron 92.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Peel, seed and chop the tomatoes and set aside in a colander to drain.
3. Heat the stock in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the onion, reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, spinach, squash, mushrooms, basil, garlic, salt and pepper, and cover the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, another 5 minutes. Uncover the skillet and cook, stirring, 2 minutes more, or until the spinach is wilted. Set aside to cool.
4. Separate the sheets of phyllo. Fit one sheet into an 8 1/2-inch tart pan, folding in the edges to leave a 2-inch overhang. Repeat with the remaining phyllo.
5. In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, yogurt and nutmeg.
6. Using a slotted spoon to drain the vegetables well, spoon them into the tart pan. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and dot with chevre. Roll and crimp the edges of the phyllo to form a rim and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
7. Bake the tart 40 minutes, or until the filling is set and the pastry is light golden. Let the tart stand 5 minutes.