- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tomato and Basil Soup Recipe
|Ripe tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut in half (1.1 Kilogram)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Low fat natural yogurt||6 Tablespoon|
|Freshly chopped basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Basil leaves||4 Small (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.8%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 1873.1 mg78%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 19.1 g76.6%
Sugars 54.3 g
Protein 17 g33.7%
Vitamin A 227.3% Vitamin C 259.6%
Calcium 36.8% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix the oil and vinegar together. Drizzle over the tomatoes and sprinkle with the dark brown sugar.
3. Roast the tomatoes in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until tender and lightly charred in places.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, squeeze the softened flesh of the garlic from the papery skin. Place with the charred tomatoes in a nylon sieve over a saucepan.
5. Press the garlic and tomato through the sieve with the back of a wooden spoon.
6. When all the flesh has been sieved, add the tomato puree and vegetable stock to the pan. Heat gently, stirring occasionally.
7. In a small bowl beat the yogurt and basil together and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir the basil yogurt into the soup. Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.