- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tom Yum Kung Recipe Video
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kaffir lime leaves||2 , torn|
|Lemongrass stalk||1 , smashed and chopped|
|Galangal||1 Inch, sliced|
|Shrimps/Chicken||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shallot||1 , crushed and cut in half|
|Sliced straw mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped chilies||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili paste||1 Teaspoon (namprik pao)|
|Fish sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Saw leaf coriander||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated milk||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 233 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.1 mg
Sodium 2097.6 mg87.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 24 g47.3%
Vitamin A 41.5% Vitamin C 27.2%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, heat the chicken stock and add in kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and galangal, and bring to a boil.
2. Drop in the shrimps and bring back to boil.
3. Crush a shallot, cut in half and add it to the boiling shrimp mixture.
4. Add in the straw mushrooms, chopped chilies, chili paste, sugar, salt, fish sauce, saw leaf coriander and lime juice.
5. Stream in the milk and stir to mix.
6. Ladle into a soup bowl and serve hot.