- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tom Yum Goong Part 1 Recipe Video
|Shrimps||6 Large, wirth head on|
|Kaffir lime leaves||5 Medium, roughly chopped|
|Lemongrass stalk||1 Large, bruised and roughly chopped|
|Galangal||3 Tablespoon, cut into thin rounds|
|Thai chilies||4 Large, roughly chopped (to taste)|
|Chili paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime||3 Medium, juiced (to taste)|
|Fish sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Oyster mushrooms||6 Ounce|
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.3%
Saturated Fat 0.12 g0.61%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.2 mg16.7%
Sodium 1909.2 mg79.5%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 10 g20.1%
Vitamin A 61.7% Vitamin C 13.1%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 46.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, put together water, shrimps, kaffir leaves, lemongrass, galangal and Thai chillies; place the pan on the stove and heat until the liquid turns yellowish or greenish.
2. In a small bowl, take chilli paste and lime juice; mix it slightly.
3. Add the fish sauce and sugar.
4. When the soup is ready, take out the shrimp shells and some of the herbs.
5. Place the saucepan back on stove and add the oyster mushrooms.
6. Add the shrimps with the heads on and cook for a while until shrimps are just done and mushrooms are tender.
7. Add the seasoning mix and the soup is ready for serving.
8. Serve Tom Yum Goong in a bowl of freshly prepared rice noodles.