- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tokyo Fried Chicken Recipe
|Chickens||5 Pound, each into 8 serving pieces, wing tips trimmed, rinsed, excess fat removed, and patted dry|
|Teriyaki sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1565 Calories from Fat 1014
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.7%
Saturated Fat 28 g140.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 425.2 mg
Sodium 646.7 mg26.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.23 g0.94%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 106 g211.1%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 29.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, place the chicken pieces, pour the teriyaki sauce over the chicken and toss to coat well. Allow to marinate for 2 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
2) Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and drain on paper towels.
3) Lightly dust the chicken pieces with the cornstarch and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
4) In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over a medium heat until heated. Then lower the heat and fry the chicken pieces in batches for 6 to 7 minutes per side, until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
5) Repeat with the rest of the chicken pieces.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.