- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tofu Surimi Puffs Recipe
|Tofu||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 Block)|
|Surimi||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fishcake Base)|
|Ground ginger||1 Dash|
Calories 255 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.7%
Saturated Fat 0.3 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 463.6 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.83 g3.3%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 23 g45.9%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Quarter tofu.
2) In a muslin dishtowel, place tofu, one piece at a time and press out as much of the water as possible.
3) In a suribachi or in an osterizer, grind tofu until fine.
4) Cut nori lengthwise into three strips and each strip into 8 - 10 pieces.
5) Mix surimi (fishcake base) and seasonings with the ground tofu.
6) Take spoonful of surimi-tofu mixture and cover a piece of nori around the center.
7) Into deep hot oil, drop this and fry until delicately brown.
8) Serve the puffs hot or cold as an appetizer or snack.