- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tofu Sunshine Spread Recipe
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nutritional yeast||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Arrowroot||2 Tablespoon, mixed in 1/2 cup cold water|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crumbled tofu||1 Pound (Block Tofu)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lentil sprouts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 162 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg
Sodium 206.1 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 7 g14.2%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 15.7%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a fry pan, heat up butter over medium heat to melt.
2) Whisk in yeast, arrowroot, and flour. Stir well.
3) Put mustard, salt, pepper, Spike, and water. Continue stirring until the mixture gets thick.
4) Remove from heat to combine tofu, green peppers, and lentil sprouts.
5) Serve warm on toast along with lettuce and tomato slices or chill inside refrigerator to use for cold sandwiches.