- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Go-To Tofu Stiryfry: Not Just for Vegans Recipe Video
|Seasoning for the tofu|
|Sea salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Coriander||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Extra firm tofu||1 Pound, cubed (1 block of tofu used)|
|Rest of the ingredients for the tofu stirfry|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (As required)|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped finely|
|Fresh bay leaf||1 Medium|
|Scallions||3 Medium, chopped finely (j)|
|Sesame oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Mixed vegetables||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Broccoli, snap peas, water chestnuts, carrots, soybeans)|
Calories 351 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 667.1 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.5%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 16 g31.9%
Vitamin A 110.2% Vitamin C 24.2%
Calcium 30.2% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To prepare the seasoning mix for tofu:
1. In a small bowl, take sea salt, cayenne pepper, coriander and cumin. Mix well and set aside.
2. Pat dry the block of tofu to remove all the liquid from it. Cut into cubes and keep aside.
3. Steam the mixed vegetables and set them aside.
4. Heat a pan with a couple of tbsp of extra virgin olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the finely chopped onions and garlic along with a fresh bay leaf.
5. Saute for a minute and add the finely chopped scallions, stirfry for a couple of minutes.
6. Add the tofu, some sesame oil and stir to mix well. Sprinkle the prepared seasoning over the tofu and stirfry for about 2 minutes.
7. Add the steamed vegetables, turn up the heat to high and stirfry for another 5 to 8 minutes.
8. Serve warm.