- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tofu Stir Fry (Spicy Tofu) Recipe Video
|Extra firm tofu||2 Cup (32 tbs), cubed|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweet and sour sauce/Hot and sour sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 630.1 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 12 g23.8%
Vitamin A 45.9% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 31.1% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a wok with a couple of tablespoons of oil at medium heat, add the tofu cubes and brown them.
2. When the tofu cubes are slightly browned add the minced garlic and sesame seeds. Stir well.
3. Add salt, soy sauce, sesame oil, sweet and sour sauce and stir gently to combine.
4. Finally garnish with chopped green onions before serving.
5. Serve with rice, pasta, noodles or use it to make a salad.
As a variation to the recipe broccoli and bell peppers can also be added.