- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tofu Scramble & Vegan Pancakes Recipe Video
|Firm tofu||400 Gram, mashed and drained|
|Onion||1 Small, diced|
|Tomato||1 , pulp removed, diced|
|Nutritional yeast||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder with parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||5 Pinch|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mustard||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Blueberries/Fresh fruits/ chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil spray||1 Dash|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 314.7 mg13.1%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.6%
Sugars 14.3 g
Protein 20 g40.7%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 18.3%
Calcium 48.4% Iron 35.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a frying pan heated over medium heat, add olive oil and then the onions, saute until the onion turns translucent. Add tofu, turn the heat to high, add turmeric, stir to mix all ingredients together.
2. Add garlic powder with parsley and sage, stir, add nutritional yeast, mustard and pepper, reduce the heat to low and cook for few minutes.
3. In a bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Pour in the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix together, do not over mix. Add in the blueberries and stir to mix.
4. To the tofu scramble, add the tomatoes and mix.
5. Heat a frying pan over medium heat, spray with canola oil, pour a ladle full of the mixture at a time to make the pan cakes.
6. Serve the pancakes with tofu scramble. Top with some maple syrup, if desired.