- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tofu Packets for Kids Recipe Video
|Tofu||14 Ounce (firm or extra firm)|
|Miso paste||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon (i use low sodium)|
|Scallion||4 Large, thinly sliced|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Shiitake mushrooms||3 Ounce|
|Sesame seed benne seed||1 Tablespoon (or to taste) (Optional)|
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2997.4 mg124.9%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 15 g30.1%
Vitamin A 26% Vitamin C 75.2%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 21.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Drain the water off of the tofu and wrap in a kitchen towel or paper towels and place something heavy on top of the tofu for 10 minutes (this is to remove as much liquid as possible from the tofu).
3. Combine the miso, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey in a bowl and stir to combine.
4. Place 4 12-inch pieces of parchment on a counter top and fold in half like a book.
5. Quarter the tofu and cut each quarter into 5 equal slices (you will have 20 total).
6. Layer 5 slices of tofu with a quarter of the scallions, red bell pepper and mushrooms on one side of the parchment paper.
7. Drizzle with the sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds to taste.
8. Place the top of the parchment over the ingredients closing the “book”.
9. Starting at one end of the parchment, fold the edges of the paper over several times continuing to make creases all around the tofu until it’s completely enclosed and no air can escape.
10. Place on a cookie sheet.
11. Bake for 15 minutes.
12. Cut open top to let out steam. Be careful, it’s hot!
13. Serve as a meal.