- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tofu Kimchi - Korean Food Recipe Video
|Bacon slices||4 , chopped (thick cut)|
|Pork loin||10 Ounce, cut into bite sized pieces|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Kimchi||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Korean red pepper flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||3 , finely chopped (1/2 for garnish)|
|Jalapeno||1 , finely chopped|
|Firm tofu||350 Gram|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.2%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.1 mg
Sodium 711.5 mg29.6%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.2%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 27 g53.5%
Vitamin A 75.5% Vitamin C 28.9%
Calcium 25.2% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop the bacon slices.
2. In a sauté pan, add the bacon slices and sauté until they turn crispy and starts to render fat.
3. Add the chopped pork loin. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the onion and sauté well.
5. Next goes in the mirin along with the chopped kimchi and its juice. Sauté everything together.
6. Add the Korean red pepper flakes and sugar.
7. Add ½ the chopped green onions and the chopped jalapenos. Stir to mix.
8. Meanwhile, cut the tofu into ¼ inch thick squares as shown in the video.
9. Microwave the tofu covered for 2-3 minutes.
10. Once the sauted meat looks cooked, drizzle the sesame oil over the sauted meat and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
11. Arrange the tofu squares all around the edge of a plate with the bowl of the sauted meat in the center. Serve right away.