- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tofu Greek Salad And Korean Hot And Spicy Tofu Cakes Recipe Video
|For the greek salad|
|Roma tomatoes||3 Large, diced|
|Cucumbers||2 Large, diced|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Large, sliced|
|Kalamata olives/Black olives||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lettuce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For salad dressing|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, ground (freshly)|
|Brine/Black olives||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) (Optional)|
|For the korean hot and spicy tofu cakes|
|Firm tofu||2 Pound, drained|
|For chili paste|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, sliced|
|Korean chili||1 Cup (16 tbs), powdered (Gochugaru)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, choped|
|Fish sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White sugar/Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar/Cane vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sri racha hot sauce/Sambal sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1016 Calories from Fat 709
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121.2%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4738.7 mg197.4%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.6%
Sugars 30 g
Protein 28 g55.9%
Vitamin A 49.7% Vitamin C 48.2%
Calcium 60.8% Iron 37.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Combine extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, red wine vinegar, and black pepper, oregano, basil and kalamata olives in a jar. Mix it well.
2. In a bowl, place tofu and pour the dressing over it. Mix it well and let it rest for 4 hours.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine marinated tofu, tomatoes, cucumber, olives and onion. Toss it well. Let the salad stand for 5 minutes.
4. On a plate, place lettuce and serve the salad with Korean hot and spicy tofu cakes. Recipe follows.
FOR KOREAN HOT AND SPICY TOFU CAKES
1. Cut the tofu and let it rest in the fridge.
2. Preheat oven to 400*.
3. For making chili paste – In a blender, combine brown onion, ground koren chili powdered, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, brown sugar , sesame oil, rice vinegar and sri racha hot sauce. Blend till smooth.
4. In a mixing bowl, put tofu pieces and pour the chili paste over it. Mix it well with hands.
5. Pop it into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Serve with Greek salad.