- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tofu 'Fish' Fillet Sandwiches Recipe Video
|Oyster sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Wasabi powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Paprika powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For tartar sauce|
|Light mayonnaise||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet relish||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 643 Calories from Fat 391
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.9%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 515.7 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.5%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 16 g31.2%
Vitamin A 27.6% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
For tartar sauce
1. In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients for tartar sauce, and set aside.
2. In a bowl, place together bread crumbs, onion powder, wasabi powder and paprika powder and stir to mix.
3. In another bowl put together, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and oyster sauce and stir well to mix.
4. Place the tofu slice in the oyster mixture and move to coat.
5. Put the tofu in the bread crumb mixture and press lightly to coat.
6. In a non-stick pan over medium heat, heat the remaining olive oil.
7. Place the breaded tofu and allow to cook until golden brown in colour on both the side.
8. Remove the tofu from the pan and place it on a bread slice.
9. Top the tofu with a dollop of tartar sauce and put the other slice on bread on top.
10. Serve as desired.