- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tofu And Chickpea Burgers Recipe
|Red onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 , crushed|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned chick peas||15 Ounce, drained, rinsed (425 Gram, Garbanzo Beans)|
|Silken tofu||3 Ounce, drained (75 Gram, Bean Curd)|
|Cooked potato||4 Ounce, diced (115 Gram)|
|Chopped coriander||4 Tablespoon (Cilantro)|
|Brown breadcrumbs||2 3⁄4 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Burger buns||4 , split|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, sliced|
|Carrot||1 Large, grated|
|Tahini||1 Teaspoon (Sesame Seed Paste)|
|Low fat natural fromage frais||4 Tablespoon (Unsweetened Yogurt)|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic salt||To Taste|
Calories 478 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.1%
Saturated Fat 0.98 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1020.1 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.9%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 96.2% Vitamin C 40.2%
Calcium 21.9% Iron 37.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, add the onion, garlic, spices and lemon juice, allow to boil. Then simmer covered for 5 minutes until soft.
2) In a bowl, add the chick-peas, tofu and potato and mash well. Stir in the onion mixture, coriander and seasoning. Mix well and divide into 4 equal portions and shape into patties.
3) Spread the breadcrumbs over a plate and coat the burgers with the crumbs.
4) In a nonstick frying pan or skillet, shallow fry the burgers in the oil for 5 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through. Remove and drain well on a kitchen paper.
5) In a bowl, combine all of the relish ingredients and allow to chill.
6) Place the tomato and carrot over the bottom half of the buns and then place the burger. Spoon the relish over the burger and cover with the upper half bun.
7) Serve immediately in a nice plate