- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Toffee Loaf Recipe
|Dark raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped dates||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Currants||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Condensed milk||1 Can (10 oz) (Not Evaporated)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 813 Calories from Fat 310
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.3%
Saturated Fat 22 g109.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.7 mg
Sodium 322.5 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.6%
Sugars 75.9 g
Protein 11 g21.6%
Vitamin A 21.4% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325°-350°F (170-180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. Prepare the fruits.
4. In a saucepan, add all the different kinds of fruits. Add in butter, water, condensed milk. Stir well.
5. Allow it to come to a boil over medium heat and simmer for 3 minutes stirring frequently. Time accurately, do not over cook.
6. Transfer the cooked fruits into a large mixing bowl to cool for 30 minutes.
7. In a wide bowl, stir flour, soda and salt together.
8. Transfer all the dry mixture at once into the wet mixture. Mix all together until just moistened.
9. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 80 minutes.
10. About half way through baking lay a piece of aluminum foil over top if you feel it is getting too brown.
11. When almost done, the loaf should show signs of puling away from edges of pan.
12. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 15 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
13. Make slices, apply butter or cream over them and serve. Or wrap and store.