- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Toffee Bars Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Not Instant)|
|Semisweet chocolate square||3|
|Semi-sweet chocolate square||2|
|Confectioners sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Hot water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3173 Calories from Fat 1485
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 168 g259.1%
Saturated Fat 97 g485.2%
Trans Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 569.2 mg
Sodium 227.4 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 410 g136.7%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.9%
Sugars 302.5 g
Protein 23 g46.7%
Vitamin A 87.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 12.4% Iron 33.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Make Cookie Crust: In large bowl, with wooden spoon or portable electric mixer at medium speed, beat 1/2 cup butter, the brown sugar, egg yolk and vanilla until smooth.
3. Add flour and oats; stir until well combined.
4. Press mixture evenly in bottom of prepared pan.
5. Bake 15 minutes, or until golden. Cool slightly.
6. Meanwhile, make Topping: Melt 3 squares chocolate and 1 tablespoon butter over hot, not boiling, water.
7. Spread over warm cookie crust.
8. With sharp knife, cut into bars while still warm. Let cool completely in pan before removing.
9. Meanwhile, make Frosting: In top of double boiler, over hot water, melt chocolate and butter. Remove from water; stir in confectioners' sugar and hot water, mixing until smooth. Refrigerate, covered, about 10 minutes. Put frosting into pastry bag with number-27 tip.