- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Walnut Toffee Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
Calories 890 Calories from Fat 512
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.4%
Saturated Fat 31.4 g157.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg
Sodium 65.5 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 84.3 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 28.2% Vitamin C 0.27%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In 2 qt. glass casserole combine butter, sugar, corn syrup and water and microwave at high for 10-12 minutes, stirring once or twice to 300°F. (hard crack).
2. Blend with vanilla and pour into 12x8- or 13x9-inch pan.
3. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and after 2 minutes spread evenly.
4. Sprinkle with nuts, pressing into chocolate and chill until cool.
5. Break into uneven pieces and serve.